One of the most common questions I get asked by our customers and website visitors is ” how can I remove a white heat mark from my table? “
More often than not someone has left a hot cup of coffee or a hot pizza box on the uncovered surface of their furniture and the result can be very annoying especially on an antique or your favourite table.
I have done extensive research looking for products or solutions to this problem and have found very little in the way of quality products or information other than a few videos on You Tube which are a little bit corny but still show an answer to the problem.
There are solutions shown but I would be very careful as these are DIY solutions and my advice is, if you a nervous or unsure call in the help of a professional furniture repairer.
Here’s what I have found. They are all similiar with slight variations but they all seemed to get a good result.
Hope this gave you at least a couple of alternatives to getting rid of heat marks on your wood furniture.
- Never put hot pots or pans directly on a wood table top.
- Coasters, trivets, and hot pads can also be used to protect your table.
- Avoid using any type of cover that has a rubber or vinyl backing on it. These materials have chemicals in them that can permanently ruin the wood finish.
- Protecting the tops of wood furniture is essential to avoid scratches and dings. Using a tablecloth on a wood table is a great idea if the table is used often. Besides accenting the look of your wood table, it will also protect the table surface.
- Always use premium quality silicone free furniture polish to clean and care for your timber furniture.