Read this important info before purchasing a leather cleaning product.
Even though leather is one of the most beautiful and elegant fabrics available it still requires careful maintenance and cleaning to maintain its integrity and condition.
In order to keep your leather clean it is important to use the right leather cleaner.
Leather testing reveals that household cleaners and many general cleaning products are being sold in the supermarkets disguised as leather cleaners.
If you are not careful and purchase the wrong product it could dramatically speed up the deterioration of your leather!
To avoid damaging your leather upholstery, this is what you should be aware of before you buy any leather cleaning product:
- Some household cleaning products will ruin your leather upholstery.
- Many of these household cleaners such as soaps, detergents, silicone, waxes, petroleum-based products and even products marketed as leather cleaners, can have a detrimental effect on the life span of your leather furnishings.
- These contaminates can penetrate through the pores of the leather and leave an acidic residue on the surface, which will result in accelerated wear and tear.
- Never use beeswax furniture polish on leather, it is only designed for timber furniture.
- Dirt, grime, sweat etc can be harmful to your leather and if these contaminants and residues are not regularly cleaned away, they will leave an acidic substance on the leather finish, ultimately etching into the surface and eventually causing permanent damage.
The only way to ensure that this doesn’t happen is to use a proper and reputable brand name “Neutral PH Leather Cleaner” and to make sure you have the right cleaner for your type of leather.
After cleaning always follow up with a quality leather conditioning cream.
We only sell and recommend premium quality leather cleaning products that meet all the required criteria mentioned and tested by us before recommending or stocking any products.
Recommended leather cleaners:
Recommended Leather Conditioners:
Want to know more about leather care? Click here
Shop: Leather Cleaner and Care Kits In this post I explain “How to remove dye transfer from leather” using Uniters Pure Dye & Print Transfer Cleaner & Remover For Leather 147ml When it comes to light coloured leather there is one additional factor to contend with and that’s dye transfer. What is dye transfer on
There’s a big difference between a leather clean and a deep leather clean. In this article I ‘ll show you the best way to do a deep clean on leather that will give you the type of results that you would get from a professional clean at a fraction of the cost. The number one
It’s important to know how to clean laminate flooring to avoid damage. Laminate flooring is easy to clean & maintain as long as you follow this simple care regime and these simple instructions: Start with vacuuming or dust mopping to remove loose dirt. and grit from the surface this will also reduce abrasion. Next lightly
Shop for Bed Head Brackets In this post you’ll find step by step instructions on how to fit a bed head to a bed ensemble with bedhead brackets. Bed head brackets are an effective way to attach a bed head securely to a bed ensemble to stop movement. Tools required: Pencil to mark out screw
Show me Office Chair Wheels (Set Of 5) Are your office chair wheels scratching your floors? Plastic office chair wheels destroy timber floors, but now there’s an inexpensive and effective solution!! Slipstick Foot Floor Protectors have released a new innovative range of office chair wheels that replace traditional plastic office chair wheels with other alternatives that protect hard
Sometimes all it takes to fix an annoying problem is one simple and inexpensive product and this is one of them. The Slipstick Foot Castor Cup with it’s unique and patented design cup locks furniture and castor wheels in place, immediately eliminating the frustration that comes with your bed moving or rolling every time you